Creature in plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JayYoshy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A couple of nights ago I was kindda slepping, when I turned to my tank I noticed a very long something.I thought it was one of my plants that got out of place (my hermit crabs have been eating em'). Then I realized it was a worm coming out of my plant (a hermida,money tree, not sure what it is, mermaid fan-- the thing is it is flat and green with round things around) The worm was veeeeery long and green- when I turned my cel on to see it, it started shrinking. Haven't got to see it again.

Does any1 have any idea what kind of worm or thing it could be?
I bought a couple of plants to keep nitrates level low,but instead my hermits craved from em'. Didn't know they were all that vegetarian. Will it be a good idea to put em' somewhere inside the filter as a nitrate sponge or sumthing like that?
Luckily they don't feed from the other nicer plants.

On the note of hermit crabs, i have never witnessed them eat coral if this is the "plant" your speaking of, and we could go down the road this forum has been on about the evil or awesome hermit crab argument, but in terms of food hermits eat anything really. But these could be DIGITATE HYDROIDS which are bad but mostly impossible to kill. The good news is they come with new tanks and disapeer as fast as they came.

Sounds like Jay's "plant" is Halimeda algae and not corals.

Here is another good hitchhiker ID site: Worm Hitch Hikers. See if you see anything that looks like yours and then you can do a site search or a google search for info.

Gosh, looked kind of like one of those ribbon worms, the green one. When I saw it it was feeding from something, it was really close to a snail which was feeding on the algae on the maagnetic brush.

Back
Top Bottom