critters on my glass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

1. I have about 10+ of these on my glass. They don't move and almost resemble tiny starfish or ...anemone's?

2. Just a pic of a feather which I did not know attached to glass?

3. While looking at hundreds of copeods on my glass I noticed a lot of flat worms. I can't get a pic because they are so small and I have looked all over the net and can't find an ID. The best way I can describe is whitish, the shape of a flat bullet, with a dark spot towards the front. In the back they have an indent right in the middle. They move in a slug-like motion. Any ideas or somewhere to point me?

Thank You

My Mike,
The first pic is a hydroid jelly. Nothing to worry about as it will most likely die off on it's own once it's food source is gone. Can't really make out the feather duster worm but it's not that uncommon for them to attach to glass. The flatworms... are they clear in color or yellow/red?

critters

Fluff, they are clear. They have small dark spots towards the front. They are very small no longer than 1/4 " but I have a good amount.

I've had these in my tank as well and they never became a problem. As I understand it, they are copepod eaters and their numbers will fluxuate according to the food available. It's been years since I seen one in my tank so I have to assume they died out on their own. I had a picture of one but it's no longer on my computer. There is one here on Bob Fenners site, the very first pic. Is this your critter?

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/flatworms.htm

critters

Unforunately not Fluff. I will try my best to explain the difference. Mine have that shape in the back but the two humps are mouch rounder and the body is not as curvy. They do not have that yellow dot in the middle, and are more white than transparent. Also they have a small black mark or dot towards the front of the body. Any ideas at all? I appreciate the help especially where I planned to buy my first fish tomorrow.

Also probably unrelated but my first addition, the peppermint shrimp died. When I found him half the body was missing. All I have is 2 Turbos, 2 Margarita's, and 2 Bumble bees. Could snails have done this once he died?

Thanks Again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom