Cross breeding pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had an albino bristlenose and a common pleco mate and breed. I have several albino and several black little guys swimming around the tank. This was a total accident, but is it really bad to have cross bred? I don't see any weird genetic freak of nature mutations, just half albino and half common.. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pretty awesome if you ask me, just don't sell or release those little monsters, they could destroy ecosystems and you also have no idea what the people who buy them would do with them. Also, that's how Godzilla came to be :).

Nils

Pretty awesome if you ask me, just don't sell or release those little monsters, they could destroy ecosystems and you also have no idea what the people who buy them would do with them. Also, that's how Godzilla came to be :).

Nils

Haha we can't have baby plecozillas running- erhh- swimming amok now can we?!

That seems pretty cool! They should be alright, crossbreeding can result in some problems, but it is usually okay- especially in G1. I might get a little worried once they hit G3 or G4

You sure it's a common? How long have you had both? Which is the female?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The albino is the Male he's the one guarding the eggs in the cave he's about 2 years old the other female is the common pleco she's about 1 year old the albino is about 5 inches the common is about 4" ish

No such thing as a 4" common that is 1 year old. I suspect you have a female bn and a male albino that bred..

The female is deff not a bushy nose

Pic.? Female bn do not get the pronounced bristles like a male..

I'll try and get a pic of her

Pics are ok.. i think it's a female bn..

Back
Top Bottom