Crossbreed?? Possible??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello just wondering if it’s possible for a kissing gourami (male) to breed with a honey dwarf gourami (female)?? If not what can breed with the honey gourami?

It's highly unlikely since they come from different families, breed in different manners and a breeding size kissing Gourami would have no use for a Honey, even if she were extra large in size.
As for what else can breed with a Honey, most of the dwarfs might but why would you want to mix them when a pure Honey is such a pretty fish?

Just was wondering if it was a possibility glad it’s not honestly didn’t want to deal with that. I had two dwarfs. Our honey dwarf named butter and a neon blue and orange male named Gypsy but he had to be moved to a different tank because he kept nipping at our female. (Both genders were confirmed) but he recently died on Sunday of unknown causes. I was wanting to get more honey females but where I live it’s like impossible to find.

Just beware that Kissers grow quite large and can get aggressive towards other and smaller fish. ( The "Kissing" is actually a sign of aggression when they are not in a group.) Also, it's extremely difficult to identify the sex of a Kissing Gourami when they are not spawning so being assured of a male with a smaller Kisser would be near impossible.

Back
Top Bottom