Cruella READY again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you staying awake until she's done? Is she in a ... What's it called.. Breeding trap or is she in an open tank with other fish?

Bearchumjs said:
Are you staying awake until she's done? Is she in a ... What's it called.. Breeding trap or is she in an open tank with other fish?

She's in my 29g with 3 other mollies and 3 Otos...
I dont use breeding traps or nets...
I'm REALLY fading... And not much is happening so I may just give it till morning....

ocminpin said:
She's in my 29g with 3 other mollies and 3 Otos...
I dont use breeding traps or nets...
I'm REALLY fading... And not much is happening so I may just give it till morning....

Sounds like a good idea to me!

maestromad said:
Any more born? She looks like she's holding a ton!!

I turned light on briefly just now to peek at tip corners and quickly at bottom and nothing in plain view... May be a couple in colosseum... HOWEVER Cruella looks the SAME! She greeted me at the glass, so she's okay.... But how weird...
These are highly developed babies... They basically crawled out and swam away lol... None of the falling from mom and landing and then swimming off... Strong :)
I know for a fact they weren't there before last night because I did a PWC and vacc hoping it might jump start her...
We had a rain last night.... Hard rain... Could that have had anything to do with it? I heard someone say the fish know even tho they're inside.... That I dont understand...

I'll lift colosseum in a few hours and see...

LyndaB said:
Fertile Myrtle's at it again, I see....... good luck! :flowers:

Constantly! :) thank you!
Don't know why she is still so huge without more babies....
She should be slimmed by now... It's been almost 12 hrs. She's gigantic still :-/

I think I've made a mistake here... All the babies are light silver/white.
Although my silver molly, Charger wasn't huge, she is very lean now. Chargers last batch was small also...
Cruella is still huge no change. So I'm going to keep this thread awaiting Cruella's update and start the fry their own thread...
Titled: Silver Surprise
Please go to new thread to comment on babies...

Thank you guys for your help and support... I love that I have back up at a moments notice!

I have never seen a molly get that big while gravid. Wow.
Honestly, I suggest you watch out for any sort of pine-cone appearance that would indicate dropsy. Hopefully she is just holding those fry in though and they pop out soon.

absolutangel04 said:
I have never seen a molly get that big while gravid. Wow.
Honestly, I suggest you watch out for any sort of pine-cone appearance that would indicate dropsy. Hopefully she is just holding those fry in though and they pop out soon.

She's gotten this big the last two times also and then in morning after birth she's lean and smoking a cigarette in the corner.. Haha

Since I made a mistake those weren't her babies... She hasn't begun yet....

Aww how sweet two lots of babies together! I hope cruellas not too much longer or she will definitely explode!

ErinMcG said:
Babies yet? How's Cruella?

No babies... And I just walked up to the tank and she greeted me with the others and followed my finger as usual... Last night I had my hand in the tank and she came up and sat in my hand and rubbed against my fingers... All usual behavior...
She's an interesting one... He once held for 52 days... I don't have a day count this time unfortunately...
No pine-coning of scales as someone suggested, and is eating and pooping normally...
She's gonna be one for those record books... Hah

I'm guessing 100 fry
You should take guesses on how many she'll have then ship one o her fry to the winner lol
You don't cull fry do you?

Back
Top Bottom