Crypt parva questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased a crypt parva about a month and a half ago know it would be a challenge for my tall tank. It has sprouted 3 new leaves. The center of the plant has completely melted and I have some longer leaves that haven't melted and are starting to get covered in algae. Should I clean and/or remove the melted part and trim the longer leaves? I know crypts can be temperamental will trimming it disturb it's growth?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I had crypt parva it melted away completely and never really came back. It is definitely one of the more demanding crypts. I'm not sure how tolerant it is of excel or h2o2 spot treatment. Do your other plants get algae?

I have had one a few months and it has barely grown.

Often slow growers can get algae on them I just wipe it off the leaves.

Caleb

Hmm, I performed my every Sunday wc and I gently removed a huge chunk of dead gunk. Underneath there was some growth (about 5 or 6 baby leaves). I then tried to cover the exposed roots with a thin layer of substrate . Filled the tank and added florish. Keep my fingers crossed I guess.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was not successful with this plant. At the time I was using dual T5 NO, inconsistent ferts and CO2. Very slow growth. This is a plant I would like to try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom