Crypt Wendtii question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my crypts has started producing baby plants all around it, how long do I have to wait before I can move them? And how exactly do I go about doing that?

image-484876406.jpg

I don't know if there is a proper way but what I do is usually wait until they have at least 6 leaves and don't look so fragile. I then cut carefully in the gravel to clip the runner loose, gently wiggle my fingers under the plantlet to remove from substrate, and replant. On alot of my crypts I just let the baby plantlets keep growing to make one big crypt, they can look pretty awesome that way.

What type of loaches are in the picture?

Rivercats said:
I don't know if there is a proper way but what I do is usually wait until they have at least 6 leaves and don't look so fragile. I then cut carefully in the gravel to clip the runner loose, gently wiggle my fingers under the plantlet to remove from substrate, and replant. On alot of my crypts I just let the baby plantlets keep growing to make one big crypt, they can look pretty awesome that way.

What type of loaches are in the picture?

Aaah ok thanks. They won't melt too bad if I move then will they?

And those are polka dot loaches (botia kubotai)

Aaah ok thanks. They won't melt too bad if I move then will they?

And those are polka dot loaches (botia kubotai)

Crypt melt is "always" a possibility with Crypts. However ... if your doing your job in maintaining good water, proper lighting and Ferts, they should rebound nicely.

In the same tank I don't hear about it as much as moving it from one tank to another.

Back
Top Bottom