Cube masters 12gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mguzm12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 12gal cube master with no hood on it for lighting up my tank it is also is missing the pump and needs to be sealed should I invest in this tank our buy a new jbj or oceanic cube trying to save as much as possible and if I should keep this tank what type of light would u recameand and pump for the tank please any suggestions will be very appreciated .

Hi. Welcome to the forum :)

I hate to say it but you might be better off just getting a new setup. I've seen the oem hoods at over $100 and the pump will be another $25 or so. If you wanted to add a light you could add a clip on halide but youre looking at like $200 for the light.

Metal Halide Reef Aquarium Lighting: Aqualight Advanced Series HQI Metal Halide Fixture

I've seen new biocubes for about $169 and that would allow you to keep most basic corals.

Hope that helped, good luck!

Yea I was thinking of a biocube 29 gal. I had a hex 45gal years ago that was saltwater and I had no experience and just hated that tank so much cost me alot of money cause I didn't do my research . I love saltwater tanks so much just don't want to have the same mistake I made a couple of years ago .

I have a 29g biocube and love it! Nice and easy and has most things you'll need already. Just add a powerhead and a heater and youre set. :)

They run about $250 though, but like I said it's pretty much all inclusive.

Carey is right.. Buy a new cube.. You won't have to clean anything (salt/calcium)... Plus you can keep a lot of corals.. Sell your used tank and buy sand and live Rick with it:)

Thanks guys will do . @ Carey you're tanks r awesome I hope I can come close to what's yours look like .Fingers crossed

So how much should I sell the tank 4 20bucks because it's just tank with out anything n it needs hood n pump and reseal ?

Back
Top Bottom