CUC quantity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55gal and the CUC live aquaria sells as a package seems a bit excessive. I know I want one cleaner shrimp but how many snails and hermits do I really need?

I have a 55gal and the CUC live aquaria sells as a package seems a bit excessive. I know I want one cleaner shrimp but how many snails and hermits do I really need?

Live aquaria gives you basically the approx number of cuc you need. However, dont buy them all together at once when you dont have anything in your tank just yet or else they will starve to death.

Thanks. I have one royal gramma and my life is ordering me some chromis tomorrow. I figure a week after i get them in my tank i will start accumulating my CUC.
Love your pic of the tang in the bag by the way

Start with a few crabs and snails and you can add more as your bioload gets bigger. As for the shrimp you can add them now because they eat fish food too. Just remember to add 1 or 2 fish every 2 weeks so your tank will have time to adjust.

Thanks! Both of the fish in the picture are very healthy and the tang is about 3 inches now :)

I think youll find that the animals in on-line CUCs are quite small compared to what you think of as a normal size. So keep that in mind when ordering.

I would love a tang but I am gonna wait until I move and get a bigger tank. It's going to stink trying to find a lfs as good as the one I go to.

Back
Top Bottom