CUC questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spencelee10

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm about to start the set up of my 15 gallon tall tank. I believe I have everything in order. Just need to get a little extra money to get 15 lbs of live rock from Marco's rocks and an api test kit. So my question is do I need a CUC for my set up since it will be a fowlr set up until I can afford a decent t-5 fixture (looking at the fishneedit 2ft 2 bulb fixture. Any other suggestions would b appreciated tho. I only plan on keeping softies and lps)?

you don't need a cleanup crew, no matter what type of system you run. if you like crabs and snails, add a few, but only because you like to watch them and want the diversity.

Will they reduce my need to vacuum the sand with a gravel vac when doinge pwc's?

no. they won't. what size are the sand granules? you might not need to vacuum them at all.
if you have enough flow in the tank to keep detritus suspended until your mechanical filtration can remove it, you should be ok providing the grains are not too large.

Back
Top Bottom