CUC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just keep your trates and phosphates down in the tank. You can do that from weekly husbandry and use of only RODI water for top off and mixing salt.

Instead of 20 dwarf ceriths could I do bumblebee snails since they are also very small? My lfs doesn't have dwarf ceriths

Beware of emerald crabs, got one 2weeks ago and although he ate alge, he tore apart one head on my torch coral- down to the bone. Next day he was poised on head #2 when he suddenly met his maker.

Dougm said:
Beware of emerald crabs, got one 2weeks ago and although he ate alge, he tore apart one head on my torch coral- down to the bone. Next day he was poised on head #2 when he suddenly met his maker.

I'll have to watch him close, thanks

But does anybody have any input on getting bumblebee snails instead of dwarf cerith?

I believe the Bumble Bee snails are carnivores(sp?), looks nice but not sure it does too much. I have one but rarely see, mostly after lights out and break out the flashlight. Definatly get the ceriths though.

jgraz said:
I believe the Bumble Bee snails are carnivores(sp?), looks nice but not sure it does too much. I have one but rarely see, mostly after lights out and break out the flashlight. Definatly get the ceriths though.

Ok that won't work then. I have some normal ceriths but the lfs doesn't have dwarf ceriths

Sniperhank said:
My margarita snails do a great job of cleaning up algae, especially my diatoms. They aren't to interested in the sand, but on rocks/glass they are all over.

Thats exactly what I want, rocks and glass cleaners. Do you know how many of those I would get in place of 20 dwarf ceriths?

I would try to find the dwarfs. They will get into place most other snails would never dream of. I'm pretty sure reef cleaners has them. Mabye you LFS could order them even

Thats exactly what I want, rocks and glass cleaners. Do you know how many of those I would get in place of 20 dwarf ceriths?

In my 36 gal, I have 10 margarita snails and 2 hermit crabs...brown legs. I just got done ordering a larger CUC. The additions will be 20 blue leg hermits, 4 scarlet hermits, 10 turbo snails, and 10 nassarius snails. Reason for ordering is because nothing is cleaning my sand up really...the 2 brown hermits can't keep up.

jgraz said:
I would try to find the dwarfs. They will get into place most other snails would never dream of. I'm pretty sure reef cleaners has them. Mabye you LFS could order them even

Ok I'll try to find some

xxStLxx said:
Go to reefcleaners.org they have custom or pre built crews really cheap

I don't want to order online and have to pay shipping since I already have everything but dwarf ceriths

Back
Top Bottom