Cucumber Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello. I just acquired a small yellow cucumber from the LFS. They say it will get along with the inhabitants in my main tank, which are:

2 damsels
Tomato clown
Coral beauty
Purple Dottyback
Flame hawk
4 emerald crabs

Does anyone see any problem with this? Thanks.

did you get the sand sifting cuke or filter feeder that hara posted? If you got the filter feeder IMO it will slowly starve over time. I had one that the LFS told me was a good thing for the tank (before I started to research).
It starved over a year and I took him out when he stopped opening to feed.
The yellow SS cuke are great for a tank. I had one for several years till it got a bacterial infection and I had to take him out. I have been looking for another for months.

Somehow the toxic nature was not mentioned. I did indeed get the one that Hara posted. The good news is that it is in my secondary tank with only a couple of snails and some very small worms which I belive are bristleworms. After acclimating the cuke into my main tank, my flame hawk was eyeballing it and about to eat it (or so it appeared). The LFS said that it would sift the sand in my tank. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom