Cupramine Dose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mstoetz1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have to say I thought it was silly how the instructions read for Cupramine dose"Directions: Remove all invertebrates, Turn off UV sterilizer, Use 1mL (top mark of enclosed dispenser) per 40 L (10.5 gal) the first day. Wait 48 hours, then repeat.

Remove carbon from filter... sort of a pain since i had to cut the filter fabric to get it out since the plastic side was too thick.

Ok.. so off I go.. where is this "enclosed dispenser"? the lid? Do they mean the lid?

Not sure so I use another measuring test glass with 1 mL marks and put 2 mL in the tank since its 20 Gal.

Oh oh... now further down the instructions.. "For Freshwater use half dose". Gee.. why didn't they say at the beginning of the instructions "For Marine (salt water)" and that the 1 mL per 10.5 gal was for Marine, not freshwater.

As much as one should read the instructions thoroughly, I figured it was careless of them to not specify that the first dose instructions were for Marine water and not freshwater.

Ok.. done with the complaining :)

Haha, sorry you had problems :)

A lot of medicines use the cap as the measuring device. Usually the top mark is 1 ml. That probably isn't true for everything, but it is for a lot of medicines I believe.

Good luck. :)

Its ok... I think. My fish just get the full dose right off instead of waiting 48 hrs :(

I wonder why they don't say "lid" instead of "enclosed dispensor" :) Maybe I confuse easily. ;)

I agree sometimes the instructions can be vague. Although all medications recommend removing active carbon. Carbon is only active for about a week to 2 weeks anyways so if you have a filter that comes premade with carbon inside, you can leave it in if the pad is more than 2 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom