Curious about prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Continuing on this thread I have found two places that sell live rock by the pound: Live Rock and Reef and Live Stock USA. The primo rock they sell look outstanding but I don't trust what I see on the web. Has anyone bought from either of these places or knows of anyone who has? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks as always
J

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Several members have picked up base rock from bulkreefsupply.com and other places and loved it.
I got my live rock from saltwaterfish.com and really loved it as well.

I remember drooling over, and having my imagination running wild thinking of how amazing my tank would look with the Cherry picked Primo rock I saw on the R & R you mentioned. I decided maybe better not to after I scared myself silly thinking about how many bad critters could come along with it. Hey its true. :lol:

John at reef cleaners has been excellent with communications and I purchased a nano package of snails and macro algae and he was very generous. Someone I will definitely do business with again.

Autumsky..I was thinking the same thing. I had visions of a 2 inch mantis shrimp cracking the glass of my tank. I gotta think a little more about this. I once had a 220 gallon SW tank in my office without live rock. Although I had it for 12 or 13 years (I had professionals come in to maintain it) it never grew the type of life I see on the RR website. I've been diving for a lot of years and that's what the ocean looks life. It's hard to pass up actually having a piece of the ocean on your desktop. I wish some other people would chime in who have actually purchased it.

Autumsky..I was thinking the same thing. I had visions of a 2 inch mantis shrimp cracking the glass of my tank. I gotta think a little more about this. I once had a 220 gallon SW tank in my office without live rock. Although I had it for 12 or 13 years (I had professionals come in to maintain it) it never grew the type of life I see on the RR website. I've been diving for a lot of years and that's what the ocean looks life. It's hard to pass up actually having a piece of the ocean on your desktop. I wish some other people would chime in who have actually purchased it.

LOL!!! So true about the LR CP from RR. It is decorative all on its own, even if you never filled it with corals. I am eagerly waiting for a real person opinion too :popcorn: There is no comparison to a plain rock, like "dry" rock and that. Although the Mantis might be rally cool if you can keep him from eating all your fish...kidding though.

It such a small amount of rock you are needing just pull the trigger on the live rock you want. Give it a quick freshwater dip and see what hitchhiker's you want to keep. Even a high salinity dip. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think its like 1.35

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's what I'm leaning to in some ways it will be exciting to see what hitchhikers appear . So I have another question. Probably should start a new topic but since I have an experienced audience I thought I'd keep going. The young woman at the Big LFS I went to says I definitely need a protein skimmer for a 9 gallon tank. I thought that frequent water changes will work as well. Any opinions? If so which one. There are so many out there. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You are right. Weekly water changes will take care of everything. I have a 19 gallon without a protein and just do wc's

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom