Current orbit marine. Any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dbar365

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I Have a 60 gallon saltwater reef tank and am looking to switch from two t5's to LEDs. The tanks I've seen with LEDs look far superior. I have come across this light which is very appealing due to the things it can do... Sunrise/sunset cloud cover ect. Will this be powerful enough for coral support?
Thanks in advance.

http://current-usa.com/aquarium-led-lights/orbit-marine/

Looks expensive. Try Toatronics dimmable 120w. You can find em on ebay

I'm curious about the same thing. I have a 20 gallon setup and was looking at the 24"-36" fixture. I can get it for $50 more than I was originally looking to spend on another fixture and this one has way more features. So like the OP asked, with such a low wattage, will these lights be strong enough to support corals and possibly and nem?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It depends on the depth of the tank. Most LED fixtures utilize rows of 3 watt LEDs, which can penetrate well, but these fixtures use .25 watt LEDs. Weak. These are just for looks for the most part. Softies and some LPS IMO.

That was my concern. Thanks for clarifying!

I got the orbit... Great light however power is a big concern of mine so I have been leaving one HO T5 on aswel. The T5 is on for four hours at mid day for a "peak" in light intensity. Mr X, do you think this is in sufficient.

I don't know. I'm interested in finding out though. Please take some before and after pictures of your tank so we can see the color and size of the corals. take some now and give it about a month for the second set.

The thought of getting one of these fixtures still ponders in my mind. I'm glad you got one first, though, so you can keep us updated with how well they work. I'd really like to get one for a rimless 20 long I will be setting up shortly.

So far I really like it... I really like the sunrise/sunset feature. I have it come on for four hours, then four hours with both the orbit and one T5 HO, then another four with just the orbit.
Before the orbit my rose tip nem never looked good. Shriveled up and always closed, but with the orbit it seems to always be open and happy. When I have the moon light function, just blue LEDs, my clowns become very active in their respected nems.

That's one of my favorite features as well. Along with the cloud cover and stimulated "storm" effects. Have you taken any pictures?

Back
Top Bottom