Current Sattalite USA plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about getting this for my planted 10g. Is it good enough to classify as high light or is it in the medium range? Any other things I should know about it?

I am not able to answer the lighting aspect of your question.

I have the current led+ (which is full spectrum) and a finnex ray2 for plants on my 56gal and plants are loving it. The led+ just wasn't enough alone on that deep of a tank. I LOVE that light and how customizable it is. Love it. It's super low profile and easy to use with the remote. Love love love it.

Hope someone can answer your ? About lighting range.

I'm not so sure it will be HIGH light, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. It's got some great reviews, and the spectrum alone should keep most plants healthy. Especially if you want a little bit of red in there!

It's a great fixture but it's on the low/medium side of light intensity - you'll still be able to grow a good amount of plants. You'll need two for high light. If your goal is high light, go with a Buildmy LED fixture or Finnex Ray 2 for a single light.

Check out this thread for Sat+
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420457

I also did a review here in AA...it's linked in the thread above.

the only way it would be high light is from a shallow tank under 6-7" of depth. At 12" of depth, your looking at about 36 PAR which is the low side of medium light.

Pretty much what brian said, look into finnex or buildmyled

Thanks everybody. I think I'll get it and maybe another just for the plants sake. I'll try out the sattelite+ and see how that is in my tank first.

Just to be clear it would put me on the low end of medium light? Would the storm light affect any of the fish? I don't want to stun them.

I am not able to answer the lighting aspect of your question.

I have the current led+ (which is full spectrum) and a finnex ray2 for plants on my 56gal and plants are loving it. The led+ just wasn't enough alone on that deep of a tank. I LOVE that light and how customizable it is. Love it. It's super low profile and easy to use with the remote. Love love love it.

Hope someone can answer your ? About lighting range.
Is the finnex planted+ good enough to use by itself in 30g cube or the current satellite ?

This is a very old thread. What are you trying to grow? Tank dimension?

15x 18 x 18 deep
Its weird
Cyperus, Val, all of the ferns that I can find , anubias and crypts

Back
Top Bottom