Custom 29 gallon rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an mp10 on my 40 and love it. It's got such a low profile in the tank which is great too. I'd definitely reccomend it. In the 50-100 range how about some inverts for the tank? If the clowns are doing well you could get yourself a cleaner shrimp and maybe some frags? I forget what the lighting on this tank is

how low do the mp10s go in terms of gph? I feel like my flow is to much right now. I was thinking more of equipment not livestock. I want to go slow with corals and make sure I do it right. In a week or 2 i'll probably pick up some frags. But i wouldn't get those as gifts.

I look at that list and when it comes to wanting to keep corals I'd want to add a ro/di unit so I can make my own water and an algae turf scrubber, though the lack of commercial units might mean a DIY for that.

I look at that list and when it comes to wanting to keep corals I'd want to add a ro/di unit so I can make my own water and an algae turf scrubber, though the lack of commercial units might mean a DIY for that.
I have that aquatic life 4 stage, I forgot to add that on the list it's not completely set up yet. What's am algae turf scrubber?

It is a contraption that grows algae exactly where you want it to. I built one for my system, they are pretty nice at exporting nutrients.
Any thoughts on filtration on the system?

Oh gotcha gotcha. Mp10 goes from 200-1500 gph I believe but it's an even flow unlike a lot of the direct powerheads you can find.

It is a contraption that grows algae exactly where you want it to. I built one for my system, they are pretty nice at exporting nutrients.
Any thoughts on filtration on the system?
Like I said before I was looking at the seachem tidal 55, it looks like a great hob filter and had a ton of space for media. Could you make an ats in the display tank? I don't have a sump.

Like I said before I was looking at the seachem tidal 55, it looks like a great hob filter and had a ton of space for media. Could you make an ats in the display tank? I don't have a sump.

I just checked out the tidal filters from seachem. I did't know seachem made an HOB power filter to tell the truth and they actually look pretty nice. You could definitely use one of these on a small tank with no sump. As long as you keep up on water changes regularly I think you will be fine. I don't think I've ever seen an ATS set up in a display tank. I would imagine it wouldn't look appealing, and would scratch that idea. There are also HOB skimmers as well, but aren't necessary as long as water changes are frequent. Also, if the MP's are out of your price range, I would recommend the Jeboa PP8 for you tank. You may even be able to find a pair on eBay for really cheap to have a back-up or possibly use both depending on your needs.

Would one mp10 be enough flow for the tank? I'm not a big fan of the jeboa. They are just too big like my current powerheads I feel like they take up half the tank. And I was watching a video of Most underrated nano reef equipment that was released in 2016 and the seachem tidal was on there and I loved it. It looks very sleek and neat and had a ton of space in there.

Stopped at the lfs today and picked up my first corals of this tank. I really like them. They haven't completely opened up yet, but they are looking good. A little colonie of zoas and a green tip hammer. And it's impossible to take a pic of the tank without getting one of the black misbar, he wants food everytime he sees me.1483827628243.jpg1483827634114.jpg1483827640484.jpg

Things look like they are opened up and acclimated pretty well to me. Nice looking pieces.

Have you or anyone else ordered any of the coral packs from liveaquaria? I am thinking about getting one or two of them in the near future, but I've never bought corals online before and it makes me a little nervous not being able to see the corals before hand :ermm: if anyone has gotten them were you happy with the colors and what not?

Some vendors offer WYSIWYG allowing you to see exactly what your getting. I've never personally ordered coral online though.

Well the one im looking at is a random pack of several different corals so there couldnt really be a WYSIWYG. Also the tidal is coming in this upcoming week so what media should I be running in it? I have Seachem phosguard, carbon matrix, and De*Nitrate. should I run all of that or what?

Divers den is phenomenal. Normal liveaquaria is meh. They don't ship stuff nearly as well as divers den does. I've ordered from both and even though technically it's the same company the divers den facility located in Wisconsin is a lot better overall with shipping and quality

Well unfortunately I got home today and the platinum clown had jumped out of the tank, it's pretty upsetting because I felt everything was going so well. And now I feel like I need to find a way to cover the tank

Well I got the tidal today and so far I am very impressed it's quite and has some really cool convenient features. The heater holder is very cool. There's a very nice surface skimmer. It can fit a TON of media in there and there is no splashing or anything from the output. It also has adjustable flow and can be turned way down for feeding. I am very pleased so far1484159329720.jpg1484159335542.jpg1484159340202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom