Custom filter systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know everyone here has there own opinion on filters and what works best !! I'm asking what is your method of filtration n why do you think it works so well especially ppl with custom filtration systems. I just want to kno n learn more because I want to build my own filtration system so if anyone can help please it would be greatly appreciated !!!

A filter with a larger volume of media will work better. I like AquaClear HOBs for this reason and for their cheap price. A well-designed sump is your best option. Google "Melev's Reef" and look at his sump page for some good info.

Hey I just looked that up its for salt water tanks not freshwater or maybe I jut didn't see the freshwater

The same ideas apply. The protein skimmer and the live rock are about the only things that don't work for a freshwater tank.

I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank with live plants. I use an Eheim 2215 canister filter and added an Aqueon 30 gallon quietflow. I like having extra filtration for water clarity. I could just run the Eheim and be just fine but after asking around at the fish store the guys say extra filtration is a good thing.

Well I have two 70 gallon filters in my 75 gallon tank now I was jus asking cuz I'm building a 150 one L shape n u know how reef tanks they have the biological tank underneath most of the time I was seeing if freshwater u could do the same

BigJim said:
The same ideas apply. The protein skimmer and the live rock are about the only things that don't work for a freshwater tank.

Ohh so u can do like the same thing just without live rock n the slimmer ??

Back
Top Bottom