cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxshaggyxX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This stuff is pretty disgusting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130922_155324.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130922_155324.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 73
  • ForumRunner_20130922_155336.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130922_155336.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 69
And oddly enough the Blenny is eating this stuff like it's candy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130922_160357.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130922_160357.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 78
And oddly enough the Blenny is eating this stuff like it's candy
The blenny is a good cleaner! Won't help fight your phosphates, phos sorb will, kalkwasser will help the most, just check your KH before. What is your phosphate at?

Phosphate was .25 last time I checked, i'm in the process of getting some phosphate media and some carbon. In the mean time I've just been cleaning and siphoning as much as possible

You may be putting to much food in? Don't get me wrong by me saying your over feeding, feed so many times a day with less food. Fish need to eat 2-3 times a day, little amounts work out the best for your fish and water quality

Gotcha, i'm going to start doing that, I've just been feeding once a day. Also, something that didn't help matters much, I had a snail die and it was in the tank for about a week or so

Gotcha, i'm going to start doing that, I've just been feeding once a day. Also, something that didn't help matters much, I had a snail die and it was in the tank for about a week or so

Nothing bigger than an uneaten pice of krill, don't worry too much :) May smell ;)

Oh yeah I usually test the water after my water change but I just recently purchased reef master test kit, up until that point I didn't have a phosphate test

Yup, I test SG, nitrates, and phosphates and always looking and checking things like temperature and making sure my skimmer is still doing good

Oh ok, what I meant was I have only started testing phosphates here recently because I never had any way to test for phosphates, I recently purchased a test kit that has a phosphate test in it, sorry about that lol

Back
Top Bottom