What is wrong with my tetra fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pettygil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is on my fish? Looks like what stuff. Is it Ick, or something else?

I also added melifix

I also added primafix to my fish tank, it is supposed to help with ick and other fishy diseases.

What is on my fish? Looks like what stuff. Is it Ick, or something else?
It's not really a clear enough picture but it's definitely not ick. Ick will look like salt crystals and those appear to be fuzzy and larger than salt crystals. Possibly the virus lymphocystis ( there is no cure for that) or tumors ( again no cure for that) or fungal infection of injured areas. Confirm that it's the spots on the top portion of the gill plates and also on the throat area you are talking about.

Is a white spot near neck and eye area

It's not really a clear enough picture but it's definitely not ick. Ick will look like salt crystals and those appear to be fuzzy and larger than salt crystals. Possibly the virus lymphocystis ( there is no cure for that) or tumors ( again no cure for that) or fungal infection of injured areas. Confirm that it's the spots on the top portion of the gill plates and also on the throat area you are talking about.

Is a white spot near neck and eye areas. I added meds to the tank, so hopefully it will work. Does Mela-fix or prime fix, does these really work? I am not sure if I should put to death, or wait to see if the meds work. The fish looks really sick. i am not sure what to do. Any help be apparated.

Now that I cleaned my glasses to see better, you really need to clean the algae off the front of the tank. :whistle: ;)
I've heard mixed reviews of the primafix and melafix so as long as you have already added it/them, if the fish is still eating, I'd give them a chance to work. If the fish is not eating however, euthanizing him would be a good option.

Now that I cleaned my glasses to see better, you really need to clean the algae off the front of the tank. :whistle: ;)
I've heard mixed reviews of the primafix and melafix so as long as you have already added it/them, if the fish is still eating, I'd give them a chance to work. If the fish is not eating however, euthanizing him would be a good option.

The fish looks bloated. I Did clean my tank, to get the algae off'
It looks better now. I also added aquarium salt, as well. I did a 50 percent WC. I will keep an eye on my fish, to see if fishy will eat, or not. :fish2::fish1::thanks:

The fish looks bloated. I Did clean my tank, to get the algae off'
It looks better now. I also added aquarium salt, as well. I did a 50 percent WC. I will keep an eye on my fish, to see if fishy will eat, or not. :fish2::fish1::thanks:

The fish didn't look bloated in the video so maybe that's food you are seeing. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom