Cyanobacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GarrettC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How the the HELL do I get rid of cyanobacteria? I've tried hydrogen peroxide, water changes, blackouts, and even bought phosphate filter media. It's come back after everything I've tried and covers every plant in my tanks and most of the gravel. Nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia are all at very low levels, can't remember the specifics. pH is about 7.6-7.7

How the the HELL do I get rid of cyanobacteria? I've tried hydrogen peroxide, water changes, blackouts, and even bought phosphate filter media. It's come back after everything I've tried and covers every plant in my tanks and most of the gravel. Nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia are all at very low levels, can't remember the specifics. pH is about 7.6-7.7
Hahaha, just kidding. I have a 40g setup and have struggled with cyanobacteria before. I just let it run its course and it died back after that. Now my tank doesn't really have any.

Hahaha, just kidding. I have a 40g setup and have struggled with cyanobacteria before. I just let it run its course and it died back after that. Now my tank doesn't really have any.

I literally know you IRL and you haven't had any cyano, go away

API erythromycin will eliminate BGA/Cyanobacteria

I'm terrified of getting an antibiotic resistant strain of them. I have successfully killed them off with blackouts but it keeps coming back

Back
Top Bottom