Cycling advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurlacher54

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone. i am on my 9th day of fishless cycling of a 75 gallon tank. i am using an api test kit. i dosed the ammonia up to 3-4ppm with ace hardware ammonia. today my readings are 0 ammonia the nitrite is showing a pinkish-purple color according to wife which doesnt match the 5ppm. my nitrate is 20ppm. does the pinkish purple color mean the nitrites are off the chart? what should i do? just stay patient and let the nitrites drop? thanks in advance.

bcurlacher54 said:
Hello everyone. i am on my 9th day of fishless cycling of a 75 gallon tank. i am using an api test kit. i dosed the ammonia up to 3-4ppm with ace hardware ammonia. today my readings are 0 ammonia the nitrite is showing a pinkish-purple color according to wife which doesnt match the 5ppm. my nitrate is 20ppm. does the pinkish purple color mean the nitrites are off the chart? what should i do? just stay patient and let the nitrites drop? thanks in advance.

Welcome to AA! If you haven't seen it, the link in my signature should be able to give you some good info and help you out. it looks like things are going very well so far.

whew. thanks guys. i appreciate the calming advice. will do asap. I will post new numbers on saturday.

Back
Top Bottom