Cycling my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im geussing you need help??? Or are you just giving your bacteria a shoutout? If its the second, Im gonna chime in: Go bacteria!!! Eat them nitrites! If its the first... See if you can et used filter media from a previous tank, a friend or a store. It takes half the time, you can fish in cycle with about 1-10 the number of gallons... So if it is 175 gallons, use 15 to 20 fish, if it is 20 gallons use 1 or 2, if its 55 use 5. Just be logical and dont add more than 5 fish at a time and until the ammonia and nirtites is at zero. A nitrate sucking plant like pennywort or hornwort may help towards the end too.

Im geussing you need help??? Or are you just giving your bacteria a shoutout? If its the second, Im gonna chime in: Go bacteria!!! Eat them nitrites! If its the first... See if you can et used filter media from a previous tank, a friend or a store. It takes half the time, you can fish in cycle with about 1-10 the number of gallons... So if it is 175 gallons, use 15 to 20 fish, if it is 20 gallons use 1 or 2, if its 55 use 5. Just be logical and dont add more than 5 fish at a time and until the ammonia and nirtites is at zero. A nitrate sucking plant like pennywort or hornwort may help towards the end too.

I have a bunch if plants in there right now and I think if I put fish in there right now they'll suffocate. I might just grab a few plants you just mentioned and add an air stone to speed up the process.

Back
Top Bottom