cycling nearly finished??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys. what do i need to get my nitrate to 0.
it is currently 20.
my nitrite and ammonia are both 0.
do i need to do anything or is this my tank going through the last stages of my cycle?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1393963280589.jpg
    1393963280589.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 56
ammonia -> nitrite -> nitrate

nitrate's you can only remove with water changes (also live plants will use some nitrates)

You have a completed cycle. But keep in mind you are only cycled for the amount of ammonia you have been currently putting in consistently. You still need to add fish very slowly and test frequently to make sure you don't have a mini cycle while you are adding fish.

ammonia -> nitrite -> nitrate

nitrate's you can only remove with water changes (also live plants will use some nitrates)

You have a completed cycle. But keep in mind you are only cycled for the amount of ammonia you have been currently putting in consistently. You still need to add fish very slowly and test frequently to make sure you don't have a mini cycle while you are adding fish.

thankyou. im getting a bigger tank soon. i have 2 plattys. i currently have a 28l tank. i was thinking of adding 2 guppies this weekend and then getting neon tetras a few weeks after.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After the water change (90%) wont hurt and you add fish, continue to monitor the tank and see if you hit a mini cycle.

Back
Top Bottom