Cycling tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, I know the readings need to get down I was just wondering if I should do the water change before or after I finished adding the live rock and you answered my question! Thanks!

Good show, an old saying in saltwater AQ is: only bad things happen fast in saltwater tanks...Go Slow...
Best of all enjoy yourself..,
happy reefing
T.

I went to my lfs today to get the rest of the liverock that I needed but they ended up not getting it. I got some other stuff that I need and a trashcan, powerhead, and a heater to mix water in and some baserock. Somethingthat was nice was that the owner (whom I'm quickly becomming friends with) said he'd orderme a 50 lbs box and give me a discounted price of the box. Instead of 5.89 a pound he's charging me 210 for re whole box. Along with that he gave me about ten percent off everything else!

Okay $4.20 a # is not to bad since you needed the rock anyway.
1) add the base rock to the bottom of your reef structure Now.
2) how long did the lfs say it would take before the lr comes in?
3) add a total of (2) shrimp now
4) when the Lr comes in even if it's nice and fresh, give it a light brushing to remove anything that's dead
5) add lr to tank
6) I hope you bought a test kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7) test water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & PH
8) wait for am,n02 to get to "0"
9) get NO3 (nitrate) reading and post it for us
10) do the big water change 50%
11) enough for now, we'll advise you on the rest later..

TC

The LFS said that it would be next Thursday when it comes in. They're getting two boxes in, both around 50lbs and he said that they'll wait to open them and let me pick the one that I like the most.

As for the two shrimp I added those into the water when I first started cycling my tank about a week ago and removed them just a few days ago.

The Right now in my tank I have about 50 lbs of both base rock and live rock.

As for testing these are the results for my test today:
Temp: 78
SG: 1.028
PH: 7.9
Alk: 2.1
Nitrate: 2.5
Amonia: .25
Nitrite: .25

On Monday My Amonia was at 1.0ppm and has been falling ever since.

Back
Top Bottom