Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lloydxmas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here are my numbers so far using liquid test kit. I have two shrimp decaying in my tank right now. How do you think I'm doing? Any advice?

Attachments

• 1391535005605.jpg
    1391535005605.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 89
Looks like you are on the right track. I suspect it will still ne another week or two before you should slowly begin to add fish. You need to be able to process up to 4ppm of ammonia through the stage to nitrates in 24 hours. Then you may be sure your cycle is complete. I typically use pure ammonia for a fishless cycle (ACE Hardware has some) and ramp my ammonia up to 4ppm and keep it there. When the daily test shows zero ammonia I add another 4ppm and see if it cycles through to 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites in 24 hours. If you do the ammonia make sure it's pure and doesn't have anything else in it but ammonia. Good luck. What type of fish are you thinking of getting?

To make the wife happy I am adding two Occ. Clowns form ora

What size is the tank? Just curious because if it is small, you may not want to add the two clowns first as this could cause a jump in ammonia/nitrites while your tank is still stabilizing. That being said, they are pretty hardy.

If you plan on adding more docile fish I would put them in before the clowns so they can establish themselves before the more aggressive clowns get in

If you plan on adding more docile fish I would put them in before the clowns so they can establish themselves before the more aggressive clowns get in

I would agree when referring to some other species of clowns, but IME ocellaris are rarely an issue.

Aquarimate is the app name. It's not free but it is updated all the time. Very pleased with it so far.

Looks good but kinda spendy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom