Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GazMoor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1 have bought two new 100L tanks a fortnight apart from each other.

I'm doing a fishless cycle on both. The first tank is now showing nitrites and no ammonia so the nitrosomonas bacteria is now there and just waiting on the nitrobacter to multiply and get the cycle finished.

On the most recent tank it is only showing ammonia so still waiting on the nitrosomonas to grow, could I speed up the process by adding the nitrite rich water from tank 1 to start the nitrobacter growing in that tank to speed up tank 2's cycling process?

Cheers,
GazMoor ?

1 have bought two new 100L tanks a fortnight apart from each other.

I'm doing a fishless cycle on both. The first tank is now showing nitrites and no ammonia so the nitrosomonas bacteria is now there and just waiting on the nitrobacter to multiply and get the cycle finished.

On the most recent tank it is only showing ammonia so still waiting on the nitrosomonas to grow, could I speed up the process by adding the nitrite rich water from tank 1 to start the nitrobacter growing in that tank to speed up tank 2's cycling process?

Cheers,
GazMoor ��

Mix both water, it will speed up both tanks cycle.

If you're impatient, you can ask a friend for filter media from established tank.

Hi Mrvincent :)

I've done that on both tanks, my friend couldn't spare a seed from filter but I got a cup of gravel and sprinkled it along the gravel in new tanks :) was careful to make sure that seed was always submersed in water and temp and ph were similar and got it in the tanks within half an hour. So hopefully cycles quickly :)

Cheers,
GazMoor ?

To keep the cycle once it's done you need to feed new ammonia...
Soon it will be the time to add ammonia source like fish or chemical.

Once the ammonia and nitrites in one of your tanks are gone, do a good 50 to 100% WC, and add your first(s) fish(s) when temperature is stabilized. But don't wait too much when ammonia/nitrites will be zero, or the cycle may die...

It's now time to plan your stocking.
What stocking are you planning on both tanks ?

On tank one I'm going for Tiger barbs and tank two will be just a community set up for tetras etc :)

I already have that 190L corner tank we spoke about before where I'm still waiting on that to cycle too, that's a community tank but afraid to use anything from that as it's just about cycled and has the fish in it from the recent house move.

Cheers,
GazMoor ?

I'm addicted too, I have 29g hightech FW setup, 20g midtech reef tank and a 10g lowtech QT tank. Spent thousands of $$ in the hobby :p

That's my 29g
247070DSC04588.jpg

Absolutely stunning :)

Here's my corner aquarium the 190L one :)

Cheers,
GazMoor ?

Attachments

• 1394570904185.jpg
    1394570904185.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom