Cyno Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fshfrk58

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why would red slime only grow on the sand bed(Aragonite sand). I have checked all my water parameters and everything is perfect, also phosphates which are 0. I feed every 3 days and have been using slime eraser for the past two weeks and it wont even touch it. If anybody could help I would appreciate it. Lighting is 4x54 T5 HO.

I have checked all my water parameters and everything is perfect
If you don't mind, can you post those perfect parameters?
pH
nitrate
calcium
alkalinity
magnesium

I don't know what slime eraser is, but the best cure is improve your water quality. Do you run a skimmer? Do you use RO/DI water? How often and how big are your water changes?

The cyno is using up your excess nutrients and that is why your readings look good. What are they, we need #'s to help you asthe capt said. It's growing on the sand because that is where all the extra nutrients are. It also likes light so cut back on your lights for a while. What else is in your tank? What size tank do you have.

Last edited:
Ph: 8.0-8.2
Calcium: 425
Mag: 1250
Nitrate: 0-0.05
Alk: N/A ( Has not arrived yet)

55 gal mini reef
3 Koralia water pumps
Aqua C protein Skimmer
R/O water
1 water change usually every 10 days

Ph: 8.0-8.2
Calcium: 425
Mag: 1250
Nitrate: 0-0.05
Alk: N/A ( Has not arrived yet)

55 gal mini reef
3 Koralia water pumps
Aqua C protein Skimmer
R/O water
1 water change usually every 10 days
Your #'s look pretty good. How old is your setup?

I would cut back on feedings...everyother day. Cut the light down to half for at least a week and continue with your PWC. Oh, and increase flow to your areas with the cyano problems.

Back
Top Bottom