dalmation mollie floatin head down ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TASHANCRAIG

Aquarium Advice Regular
my female mollie swims about then sometimes floats head down and nearly tips over ???? she is a little fat is this a disease or is she pregnant ????

help please colud she be ill :confused:

She could be ill, but it could also just be a swim bladder issue. Try feeding some boiled, shelled peas and hold off on feeding for a day or two.

She could be ill, but it could also just be a swim bladder issue. Try feeding some boiled, shelled peas and hold off on feeding for a day or two.

i just dont want her suffering ?? what will the peas do for her ???? i have a pair and they always active swimming after each other until last night :troop::troop::troop:

Peas are a laxative for fish, and will help with the swim bladder. Make sure you only feed them the insides though, not the shell.

Peas are a laxative for fish, and will help with the swim bladder. Make sure you only feed them the insides though, not the shell.

thanks for the advice my female is now swimming about ok now and i did nothing ????????? but now my male has gone funny but he is opposite he is swimming floating bottom tail down ??????? dont understand at all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom