Dalmation mollies soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neurotik

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my female mollies just gave birth two weeks ago to five fry, and another just gave birth to five more this morning so I'm just checking to see if anyone is interested in buying any for a pretty low price, and if not, I'll just give them to anyone who is interested as long as you pay for the shipping.

The first batch are probably going to turn out mostly white with some black spots here and there, and the second batch that were just born today will probably turn out to have a much more balanced color of black and white.

I won't be getting rid of them for a few weeks still, but I just wanted to check to see if there was any interest on here before I check locally. I'll try to get some decent pictures of the first batch later this weekend or early next week, and I'll post pictures of the second batch in another week or so once they have grown a bit more and begin to show their color better.

Just a quick bump to this thread. My Molly fry are continuing to grow and gradually getting a more defined color pattern to them as well. I just thought I'd check one more time to see if anyone happened to be interested in any of them, as I haven't been too lucky yet in finding anyone local to give any of them to.

My last resort in a couple more weeks will just be to go start up a new tank and get it cycling to put them in, and hopefully find homes for them before I get my next batch of fry.

Not to threadjack but have you tried any of the local fish stores? The one by me will give store credit for any fish. It's worth a call to some local shops. If you can't find anyone to take them off your hands, set up another tank and separate the females and males.

I asked my local PetSmart, but they said they are not allowed to take fish from anyone. The only real LFS that isn't a chain store is over an hour drive from me, so I haven't gotten a chance to go there yet to check with them.

I think I'll probably start setting up a new tank next week to put them in it and later separate the males/females and over time I'm sure I can find homes for them.

I suggest you call the LFS that is an hour away. That way you get an answer without wasting the time and gas. People aren't likely to want to pay shipping on a fish that is common and inexpensive at the LFS

If you are willing to ship them to me i would take them of your hands. I don't know what you are planning to do with them though. Whether that is to sell them or give them away. But if you dont have anything to do with them do what jrp1588 said. Call ahead.

A found a friend of my mom who is starting up a tank for her daughter and she offered to take some once she gets her tank going. I told her I wouldn't give her any fish until I knew the tank was set up and cycled properly because I don't want to subject any of my fish to dangerous habitats like that!

Etunes, I'll probably still have a handful left over after I give my mom's friend some if you still want them. She is not setting up a very large tank so I'm not going to bother giving all nine of them to her. I'm not really interested in selling them, so if you are alright with paying for shipping charges I have no problems with shipping them to you.

They are still fairly small, so I'm probably going to wait a couple more weeks before I get rid of them.

A found a friend of my mom who is starting up a tank for her daughter and she offered to take some once she gets her tank going. I told her I wouldn't give her any fish until I knew the tank was set up and cycled properly because I don't want to subject any of my fish to dangerous habitats like that!

Etunes, I'll probably still have a handful left over after I give my mom's friend some if you still want them. She is not setting up a very large tank so I'm not going to bother giving all nine of them to her. I'm not really interested in selling them, so if you are alright with paying for shipping charges I have no problems with shipping them to you.

They are still fairly small, so I'm probably going to wait a couple more weeks before I get rid of them.

Well now plans have kinda changed, but i might be able to give them to my sister-in-law, but it is really her decision in the end if she likes them and wants them. I watch over her taank so yes her tank is nice and healthy. So ya, let them grow and let me know and we will see. I will gladly pay shipping if they want them or if i do.

Just bumping this thread again to see if anyone else happens to be interested at this time. My first two batches of fry are still growing well and doing great, but I'm still searching for homes for them as I don't have another tank ready to put them in right now. One of my females also just had 7 more fry earlier this morning too, lol.

If anyone is interested or knows anyone who is interested in them please let me know. You can have them for free as long as you pay shipping prices.

put an ad on craigslist if you cant find anybody that wants them... ive got most of my fish from there, there are always people wanting free fish and usually some that will buy them... just a thought

I've thought about craigslist before, but I live in an extremely small town that is pretty out of the way of any major city, so usually no one close to me ever browses craigslist for anything. I've tried selling other things in the past on there and no one has ever responded.

oh, i know where youre coming from... until i moved where i live now, i couldnt get anything on craigslist... now i get EVERYTHING on craigslist... im just waiting to find used groceries on there lol...

I'm trying to think of a temporary solution to stop my mollies from breeding for a while until I can get rid of my current fry and then get a better solution in to place. The only other tank I have right now is a 12 gallon with some neon tetras, glofish, and cory cats in it. I was thinking of putting my one male molly in to that tank, but I don't think that tank would be big enough to put him in. What do you guys think?

how many fish do you have in it? i have 2 mollies in one right now with some fry... it may be cramped, but if thats all you have to work with, you may have to.. you can easily keep that molly in with several other fish in a 10... just dont put 20 fish in there lol

A good way to keep your population down is by putting something in your tank tha likes the taste of babies. Such as angel fish or something like that. Easy poulation control right there.

Well, right now in my 12 gallon I have 5 Neon Tetras, 3 GloFish Danios, 2 Peppered Corydoras, and 1 Otocinclus. If I separated my mollies I would be putting my one male in to that tank. I'm not too concerned about the molly being compatible with the other fish in the tank, I just don't want them to be crowded or anything.

A good way to keep your population down is by putting something in your tank tha likes the taste of babies. Such as angel fish or something like that. Easy poulation control right there.

Haahaha...even though it isn't really funny. It's funny and true.

And yes I think you can remove the male and put him in with the others in the 12 gallon.

I don't really want to put anything else into my 55 gallon, so sadly that is not really an option. That's why I'm looking to separate the parents and then hopefully find homes for my current fry.

i didnt figure they would want the babies to be eaten, or a simple flush would take care of it... could you put the corys in your other tank? they seem to get along with most any fish ive put them with except cichlids of course

Back
Top Bottom