Damaged Betta Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The shrimp will likely get eaten by your betta. I had 25 RCS with my male tank and female tank, and they devoured everyone :( but each betta is different, so you maybe lucky. :)

Good Luck :)

It's actualy really difficult to get shrimp near where I live, there's a shop that sells them but they're £5 a shrimp and I've heard stories of them breeding like mad! i'll concider it though.

and yeah i deffinately cycled my tank

I followed this guide here when I was cycling: http://nippyfish.net/bettas-101/all-about-water/nitrogen-cycle/http://nippyfish.net/bettas-101/all-about-water/nitrogen-cycle/

had my tank up and running for about a month or so before I added the fish, left it a week and a bit, then got the frog. I had wanted to cycle it with fish but I don't think Bettas are a very good fish to use for that, and didn't think to ask for any advice after I found that guide.

I have no idea what breed the shrimp that pets at home sell are, they're just labeled as 'freshwater shrimp' they're pale-white to see-through, I think they may be ghost shrimp?

Oh so you added ammonia and everything?
And yeah theyre probably ghost shrimp. Some ghost shrimp can breed in freshwater and some cant. I personally think the coloring on ghost shrimp is very boring

Do not add any shrimp, snail, or fish that will eat the same food you feed the ADF's. They have poor eyesight and are slow to find food. Adding a scavenger would just cause the frog to starve.

I personally think a Betta and 2 frogs would be good for a 6g. How many frogs do you have? The reason I say 2 is because that is the minimum group they need. Maybe you already knew this.

Sorry for the slow reply, I currently only have one frog, i did buy them in a pair but the staff at the petshop apparently broke it's leg with the net and it drowned soon after getting it into my tank :C I plan to get another frog soon though, i was just waiting for the betta's fins to repair a little before adding anything else to the tank. His fins are now beginning to repair fine, i think he was biting his fins or had been catching them on the plant and has since stopped! he also seems to get on great with the froglet i already have so getting another one shouldn't bother him at all.

thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it alot :)

Aaron, would you suggest the otos as well then, since i can fit them in my tank and they're primarily alge eaters? my frog is on frozen food and i've been hand feeding him to make sure he's been eating plenty which luckily he doesn't mind!

Glad to hear he is doing better!

I would say 2 ADF's, 1 Betta, and 1 Nerite Snail would fully stock your tank. Nerite snails are killer algae eaters, and they wouldn't be nearly as difficult to keep as oto cats.. I got 4 oto's and within a few days 2 had died; I still have 2 so hopefully they make it.

Back
Top Bottom