!! damsel in distress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i like fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i have a yellow tail damsel in my tank, and i ahve a red hermit crab, fairly big, hes going back soon, but i jsut installed a new amiracle mud filter today, and it has a skimmer box and such,well everything was fine when i left for work at 330, when i got home, the damsel was/ is swimming erratically, so i checked him outand noticed all his fins looked all roughed up and they were fine when i left, i wonder is it possible the crab grabbed him, but let him go, or might it have been the skimmer box somehow, im confused, any ideas?

the crab could catch him at night but dont see all the fins being shredded ! id expect to see a big wound of some sort! no other fish in the tank ? never used a mud filter but if no other fish are in the tank my guess would be water quality over anything ! they are hardy little guys ! i still have my first yellow tail from over 8 years ago and hes been to hell and back !!

thats what i dont understand, hes been in there for a few days now, and perfectly healthy, and i figured the crab woulda ate him entirely if he got him, no other fish, the only thing it could be is the skimmer box, the water quality could affect a fish like that? i didnt think of that as being a means to shred the fins...

yea if your water quailty is getting bad it will do all types of thing to a fish !

im lost on why ya think the skimmer box kinda lost there :-/

Back
Top Bottom