Danio erythromicron troubles!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
AGHHHH!!!! So I bought 20 of these guys after they were highly recommended by my LFS. They wont hide, he said. They are hardy, he said. I have 15 (notice the lower number?) hiding danios and 5 floaters. GRRRR!!!!
So 2 questions:
1) How on earth do you get these blue striped fish to stop hiding?!
2) Why would they be dying???

My tank is a 36 gallon bowfront. I have 15 danios, 2 otocinclus, 1 assassin snail, and 4 red cherry shrimp. They ONLY thing that has died has been these guys. There is a slight film over the water too. I tried to check the water but alas the testing strips have failed me. I can see that nitrItes are at 0 and trAtes are less than 10ppm but hardness and alkalinity have merged together and the colors have mixed. Therefore I dont know that I can trust the outrageous readings I get. The only thing I have changed is I added something to the filter. My LFS told me when the gave it to me (2ish years ago) that it was aragonite, however I am suspicious as it is black and looks more like ecocomplete. I use it to add hardness so my shrimp dont die....

Thanks and God bless!

How long ago did you get them? Do you have any floating plants?

How long ago did you get them? Do you have any floating plants?

Just got them like 2 days ago. Over half have died now. One has a white tail and I suspect he will go next. I do not have floating plants.

Back
Top Bottom