danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macz

Aquarium Advice Activist
uh oh my danio hass gotten really thin now sorta on the bottom of the tank..i dont really like the fish..hmm maybe a parasite..i think the aquatic frogs may get to him.

its just a 3 gallon water wonders..cycled i have 4 aquatic frogs and a neon tetra. I now a lil crowded but theyve doing well..but the danio got thin had him in there for 2yrs tetra in there for 3 years..I have it in a little cup with a drop quick cure by AP..dont know if thats the right stuff but the guy and concord pet said to use..the danio was only $1..he still barely breathing though..all other fish frogs doing ok. I just did 50% water change..

Maybe fish tb? My Otto did that then died
In my 15.

And btw, you schould get
Rid
Of 2 or 3
Fish. Way overcrowded
And that can cause suffocation.

i only have the 1 danio which is ill and the tetra and 4 aquatic frogs..

the danio started losin wight..it used to be plump

They are schooling fish and so are neons. Get rid
Of 2 snails and
The danio and neon.
But get rid
Of the danio and neon because
They are
Schooling and
Will get depressed!

i might get a couple neons..i only have 4 frogs 1 danio no snails

No!!!!!!! You are overstocked!!! You only have a 3 gallon. You
Really
Can only keep 2-3 fish in there. Just the frogs are
Enough!!! GET RID
OF FISH
DON'T
GET MORE!!!

Wow this is pretty cool app take pics send em right to thread.

I agree. A 3 gallon really isn't suitable for any fish in my opinion.
And besides lack of oxygen all the toxic chemicals will build up to higher levels way faster in a smaller amount of water. Your fish's lifespan will be dramatically shortened due to the constant stress of high levels, cramped conditions, and the insecurity of not being in the proper school. You will also never see their true behavior. I say just keep the frogs and snails.

Yea I know..I don't if I want to tackle another aquarium..since this was a gift sorta blends in with my decor..I've had bigger tanks but don't know if I want to move up but thx for the advice.

If you decide you want to you'll be happy as you'll be able to do so much more with it. The bigger it is the more fish options you have.
You could also put some shrimp in your 3 gallon and they would do just fine. Plenty of people have 3 gallon shrimp only tanks. I wouldn't do it with the fish in there though

Also, if it doesn't look like the Danio will pull through you can put him in a bowl of ice water and salt that you put in the freezer to allow it to get as cool as possible without freezing to kill him quick. Can you get a good picture of him to put on here tho? To try and tell what's wrong.

It died today:( o well..I had a couple ghost shrimp but the frogs nip at everything..

Back
Top Bottom