danios and SAEs impossible to catch!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I need to move some fish and i can't catch them! i don't want to tear the tank apart, there are a lot of plants in there!

Try a big clear freezer bag. They dont see it like they see a net and if you can corner them will try to swim through your hands rather than around them like a net.

danios

Or try a good sized piece of tupperware and gently steer them into it with the net. You may need to just leave the net in the tank for a while to get them used to it. But if they are already spooked........ Will they come to the surface for food?? When I moved, my g/f got some of our fish by luring them into plastic with food.

Hope you can corral the little critters!! :D

I generally try to keep the net still (after leaving it in there for half an hour or so) and steer them into it with something else.

USE two nets!! It took me 3 days to catch a danio once....those things are FAST! haha good luck!

Haha when I had my danios some were stupider than others but i definitely did have issues catching them. Try cornering them and then going up from underneath to chase them up or fake one way then go the other lol

Back
Top Bottom