danios flicking on sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok i have a 240 litre 63 us gallon coldwater tank with 3 small common goldfish, 8 zebra danios, 1 hillstream loach.
yesterday and today i noticed that one of my danios is flicking itself of the sand, all i know is that this is a bad sign.
There is a few possible causes i think that this has occured from

1. I sold my old tank to a friend and gave him some media from my fluval 305, i didnt have anything to replace it with a still havnt. yesterday i test for ammo it was around 0.25 so i did a 50% water change and today its back at o ppm

2.about 4 days ago i added 6 shrimp

3. i added 6 minnows but shortly after putting them in the tank my goldfish and danios decided that they were going to hastle them so i had to take them back to the shop
when i put new fish in my tank i put them in a bucket of tank water then net them into the tank so i dont get their water in my tank

could any of these be a reason why my danios are rubbing on the sand and what can i do to stop it, i have dosed some prime my ammo is 0.ppm
thanks

Swings in PH, high nitrates, parasites, poor water conditions, or a reaction to different water conditioners are the most common reasons for flashing.

Back
Top Bottom