Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a variety of danios in one of my tanks. They are: 1 long-fin gold zebra Danio, 1 long-fin zebra Danio, 4 long-fin leopard danios. My question is, do they cross-breed successfully? They school together and chase each other, but I'm wondering about breeding. What would the off-spring look like? Either mom or dad, or a new combination of both? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a variety of danios in one of my tanks. They are: 1 long-fin gold zebra Danio, 1 long-fin zebra Danio, 4 long-fin leopard danios. My question is, do they cross-breed successfully? They school together and chase each other, but I'm wondering about breeding. What would the off-spring look like? Either mom or dad, or a new combination of both? Thanks!

Yes they will cross breed!

We had most success with a 10g with gravel and a plant, we added one female and two males and fed live food. Left them in there for two days than put them back into the 180g with their friends. And just hatched the babies in the 10g filled with anarchis. We mixed a gold leopard female and blue long fin males and got only two gold, 1 zebra, and the rest a beautiful blue. Only 1 short fin the rest long fin. The short fin was blue.

Best of luck! You can end up with 80-90 babies first spawn and they can spawn like every day. They like big water changed with cooler water than their tank. I used to pull the water and leave them in low water for a few hours and then add the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes they will cross breed!

We had most success with a 10g with gravel and a plant, we added one female and two males and fed live food. Left them in there for two days than put them back into the 180g with their friends. And just hatched the babies in the 10g filled with anarchis. We mixed a gold leopard female and blue long fin males and got only two gold, 1 zebra, and the rest a beautiful blue. Only 1 short fin the rest long fin. The short fin was blue.

Best of luck! You can end up with 80-90 babies first spawn and they can spawn like every day. They like big water changed with cooler water than their tank. I used to pull the water and leave them in low water for a few hours and then add the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom