Danner supreme filters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoplayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well i might be buying 2 danner supreme filters and i want to know how they work and stuff like that.

hee are some pics

lsupreme.JPG

msuplabel.JPG

noldsupreme.JPG

http://laybackman.home.comcast.net/xfishstuff.htm
or just go to there at the bottom.

I owned these type filters many years ago and did not think they were still manufactured. The models I owned were the Aquamaster PL (Larger model) and the Aquamaster PME (smaller model). In my opinion, they were the best filters ever made. Do you know how old these filters are? They are easy to set up like any HOB filter. At the bottom of the filter,if desired,a layer of carbon. On top of the carbon,goes the filter floss. They are very powerful filters and have a high rate of water return.

I am not sure what model they are. You can see that the top one is not too old but the bottom one is older but i think still works. i am going to buy these. can you make a diagram of the water flow?

Do you know why they stop making them?

Oh and where do you put them? below the tank, above it, where?

what size do you thinnk these are?

Thanks p for the help.

I think they stopped making them probably for 1.)They cost too much too produce and profits would be small 2.)Every aquarist has turned to biological cleaning obtained with slower output filters. If you notice the filter housing has an extended lip running its length. It's behind the return tube (goes to the motor shaft). This lip rests on the top edge of your aquarium so that the top of the filter housing will be at the top of your tank. You should have seperate intake tubes.They aren't shown in the picture. First put your carbon if used, and floss in the filter. Fill the housing with water about 2 inches from the top. Place the filter on the outside back of the tank resting on the edge. Now the intake tubes have to be primed manually,that is filled with water,no air.To do this,take one at a time,submerge it in the tank until all the air is out,completely filled with water. Place your thumb( tight) over the opening at the curved end not letting air in.Keep the other end submerged. Place the curved end into the filter water then release your thumb.It should be filled with water with no air. Some filters came with a little cup attached to a stick to replace using your thumb. Don't know if you have this device.Repeat the priming for as many intake tubes you have. Now you are ready to start the filter. Are the filter housings for each filter the same size? Does each motor list the same rpm's ? I 'm not sure of the ratings for your filters. I used similar filters on a 75 gallon and a 55 gallon. Water was always crystal clear. Note if these motors have thin horizontal tubes running to the top and bottom bearings they need to be oiled regularly.

Back
Top Bottom