DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that does make sense.. but I never knew about that, just always thought chromis were a good "filler" fish if ya know what I mean.

DanS180 said:
Floating the bag for a half hour/hour, adding water from the tank every so often.

You should really drip acclimate, floating the bag really isnt good enough for saltwater fish

I had them in a tupperware and I poured water in every 10-15 minutes or so for about 1 hour to let them when I acclimated my fish. Since then, I've drip acclimated everything. So far so good.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do from now on.

On another note, I got my trAtes down to 10ppm. Just made up another 10g of mixed water to do another change tonight. Then probably another 10g change tomorrow.

How are the cromis? Still at 4? When does your light come in? I really want to see a FTS

I only see 3 chromis today lol one may be in hiding. I'm not sure.

My light will be here sometime this week so when it comes in I'll set it up then take a FTS :)

Definitely a conch or two and some cleaner shrimp. Those are my favorite members of the CUC.

Honestly, i havent thought too much into inverts. Not even 100% positive on my CUC yet. lol any recommendations???

My cuc in my 55g was 30 tongan nassarius snailskeeps that sand clean 5 astrea snails couple hermits and a serpent star

Skunk cleaners are the kings. They're actually pets in their own right. They'll take food from you're hand and even clean under your nails. For snails I prefer any of the smaller varieties. They won't knock over corals or get stuck and hermits won't kill them to get their shells as much. Blue and red legged hermits are great and a serpent or brittle star is excellent to have.

Alright thats a good start :) lots of tiny snails, a conch or 2, a few shrimp and possibly a star :) sounds good to me

Quick question about my sump. Might be a stupid question but can I toss in a bag of chemipure elite in my fuge? Or my skimmer chamber? Would that help at all?

Back
Top Bottom