DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a Yellow head Jawfish and a pretty decent size clam today :) jaw fish is hiding right now and the clam is slowly opening up :)

Thanks! Here she is fully opened up last night! Picture doesn't do justice as it doesn't show the nice neon blue tips :/!

ForumRunner_20130208_070931.jpg

ForumRunner_20130208_070942.jpg

So I've done some reading on the jawfish but id rather hear personal experiences.

Do these guys make more than one burrow? Will it stay in the same spot at all times?

So far mine is in one spot, but man, does he have a personality! Haha already love him.

My jaws has 3 places to go but his fav is an old turbo snail shell my bro gave me..yes he is that small( maybe 2"-2.25") bro got a bigger shell,but not using rite now.. Loves the little one..

I cannot wait to get my pearly jawfish :)
Thanx for sharing such positive notes

:) he's so awesome, pretty "out n about" of his burrow for being in the tank less than 24hrs. I'm hoping he'll come out more often, but he gets startled real easily and goes back into his burrow.

My jaws has 3 places to go but his fav is an old turbo snail shell my bro gave me..yes he is that small( maybe 2"-2.25") bro got a bigger shell,but not using rite now.. Loves the little one..

Ahh gotcha, yeah my jawfish is probably 1 1/2" - 2". I could find him this morning so maybe he was burrowing somewhere new lol

Yeah he will come out more but the words tread lightly do apply..i even have pics of him..:)

image-620597170.jpg

So I just realized I haven't tested the 90 in awhile lol luckily I did a pwc not too long ago. Numbers seem to be pretty steady tho.
Ph 8.1
Salinity 1.024
Ammo 0ppm
Trite 0ppm
TrAte 5ppm
Mag 1380ppm
Calc 420ppm
kH 9°
Phos 0ppm

Obviously the more coral I add the more my numbers will deplete(mag/calc/kh) but my question is, when adding a lot of coral, how quickly do the numbers deplete?

I understand there's a difference in a SPS dominant tank and a softie tank, but just an idea maybe? What's everyone else's numbers look like?

Your depletion will vary Dan. How my tank uses calcium will be different from yours and others. This will vary due to alk and phos levels to the specific kind and size of corals you are keeping. This is why we test. Once you get a feel for the tank, you'll just know. Currently, even mine is rejuvenated by the weekly water change, it takes some major sized sps to cause numbers to drop from what I've heard.

Your depletion will vary Dan. How my tank uses calcium will be different from yours and others. This will vary due to alk and phos levels to the specific kind and size of corals you are keeping. This is why we test. Once you get a feel for the tank, you'll just know. Currently, even mine is rejuvenated by the weekly water change, it takes some major sized sps to cause numbers to drop from what I've heard.

Ok yeah that's what I figured because my numbers are usually not too off from what they were the previous time. Just thought id get an idea, that's all :) thanks!

Yeah, I've been at work for 2 hours now and get off in 7.5 hours. When I'm at work I start jones-ing for coral and clams lol. How is yours btw? It is a maxima right?

Its a crocea I believe. I noticed this morning it was tilted to the aide a little bi

Yeah, I've been at work for 2 hours now and get off in 7.5 hours. When I'm at work I start jones-ing for coral and clams lol. How is yours btw? It is a maxima right?

Its a crocea I believe. I noticed this morning it was tilted to the side a little bit, do u know if they move on there own?

Back
Top Bottom