DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did have a hippo but it died :( so now I have a powder blue instead :)

Ah never that's a shame mate, how you getting on with the powder? I'm so jealous lol it's my favourite fish but I already have a hippo and a yellow. And I was worried abut the prone to white spot thing with the powder.

I have considered a few times of swapping the hippo to a powder.

Ah never that's a shame mate, how you getting on with the powder? I'm so jealous lol it's my favourite fish but I already have a hippo and a yellow. And I was worried abut the prone to white spot thing with the powder.

I have considered a few times of swapping the hippo to a powder.

When I first introduced him into the tank, the yellow tang wouldn't leave him alone, but after the first night they calmed down and now they're best buds :) hands down the biggest fish in the tank. Glad I bought him

When I first introduced him into the tank, the yellow tang wouldn't leave him alone, but after the first night they calmed down and now they're best buds :) hands down the biggest fish in the tank. Glad I bought him

Have you had any trouble with white spot since you have had him? It's the only thing that puts me off. That and I know my yellow tang will beat the **** out of him and that it would lead to white spot. Mmmmmm what to do lol ;-)

Have you had any trouble with white spot since you have had him? It's the only thing that puts me off. That and I know my yellow tang will beat the **** out of him and that it would lead to white spot. Mmmmmm what to do lol ;-)

Nothing at all actually. Well the first night he was a little banged up from fighting but after that not so much. I did just notice 2 little dimples on one side of his body. Not sure if its anything tho.

Nothing at all actually. Well the first night he was a little banged up from fighting but after that not so much. I did just notice 2 little dimples on one side of his body. Not sure if its anything tho.

Oh right that's promising then, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, how long have you had him now? I will talk myself into it at some point, I have always liked them. Regal tangs are nice but it's not a powder blue lol. Def my favourite marine fish.

Oh right that's promising then, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, how long have you had him now? I will talk myself into it at some point, I have always liked them. Regal tangs are nice but it's not a powder blue lol. Def my favourite marine fish.

I'd say about a month and a half maybe? He fit in so perfectly after the first night. Also bought a Diamond watchman goby to help with sifting the sand. Still need to get more of a CUC too Lol I've been slacking. Been buying so many corals

Actually have had a Powder Blue in my 180g FO for about two years. No problems at all. My lfs said they can be dicey but if you get a healthy one (which it appears I did) hang on to it.

Actually have had a Powder Blue in my 180g FO for about two years. No problems at all. My lfs said they can be dicey but if you get a healthy one (which it appears I did) hang on to it.

Wow that's good to know 2 years! Now I'm getting excited lol, I have never heard of anyone keeping a powder blue for anything longer than 4 months. There is a really good fish shop about an hour away that are really really good, people go there from all over as its that good. They will get any fish you want and they put them in quarantine for 3 weeks before they go on sale, they also worm every fish they buy. If it don't feed it stays in the QT system until it does. I have never seen a bad fish in there. Prices are high but well worth it. Think I will go and enquire about a powder blue.

Do you think I could put a PB in with my regal and yellow tang? Is my tank big enough do you think?

Wow that's good to know 2 years! Now I'm getting excited lol, I have never heard of anyone keeping a powder blue for anything longer than 4 months. There is a really good fish shop about an hour away that are really really good, people go there from all over as its that good. They will get any fish you want and they put them in quarantine for 3 weeks before they go on sale, they also worm every fish they buy. If it don't feed it stays in the QT system until it does. I have never seen a bad fish in there. Prices are high but well worth it. Think I will go and enquire about a powder blue.

Do you think I could put a PB in with my regal and yellow tang? Is my tank big enough do you think?

I think your tank is big enough. They are from 3 different families so that should help. Adding the PB last is the best shot for success as they are usually the meanest. The owner of my lfs said that PBs can be a**holes because they look as good as they do.

My yellow tang is the a$$hole between him and my PB. But overall they're good. He was between 4-5 inches when I bought him which is good but I also spent a pretty penny on him Lol well worth it IMO

Well since changing out my sand, I'm starting to have a Cyano outbreak again :/ I didn't miss this at all.

Yeah I was finally done with it then I noticed that I needed to change the sand and boom, now I'm back to siphoning lol

Alright so I just started to dose my tank, 2 part alk and calc. Everything is thriving minus a few SPS pieces but that's because my Alk was low.

Finally picked up my Darth Maul zoas and Fruit Loop zoas :) tank is looking so good right now other than a little bit of Cyano on the sand bed.

Will post updated pics soon!

Back
Top Bottom