Dark spots on Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's normal specks. They have just appeared suddenly. I have used Prazipro & added new fish recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do the black spots look like paint smudges

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

No other symptoms....
But trates are high

I believe that the dark spots are normal because 1 of my 3 discus has those black spots but it is more around the mouth

My Marlboro Red has always had peppering, but the other ones never had any until now. That's what it looks like though. It seems weird that all the sudden the rest of them started getting it...

What do u feed them. Any spiranila

Yes, in sinking wafers
Spirulina
& every other food I have...

Ok, now I'm starting to think they (spots) were brought on by the size / frequency of WC's. I have started doing more / smaller ones, & spots seem to be fading.

I was doing big ones - close to 50%. Now, closer to 20%. I add water straight from tap (plus prime).

I'm not smart enough to understand why you need to age water, & I don't have enough room to do that anyway. I think I could get away with bigger WC's if I did.

Sorry i had african cichlids. One started grtting black smudges tried to figure what it was only thing i could find was too much spiranila

No, problem. I appreciate the input. So did you start feeding live/frozen food instead?

Yea switched to a few different foods live, frozen an flakes

Back
Top Bottom