Day 27 Fishless Cycle, Where are the Nitrites??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just wanna be able to go in that shop n say u know that fishless cyclong that wudnt work well it does ha ha im right (childish but they really annoyed me!!) lol

I know what you mean, some of the advice they gave me, and advice I've heard them give others, makes my skin crawl now that I know better. Well today, 20 hours after I put in my seeded filter that I bought online, my ammo dropped from about 3 ppm to 0.5 and I'm showing some nitrates, so I'm hopeful. It can be done and I think seeded material helps greatly if you can get it.

think the bit that annoyed me yesterday is altho it was obvious they didn't know what they were on about they were so adament that i was wrong and they were right and that it was impossible to do a cycle without fish. I'm gonna test again monday to see what effect the extra water movement has had but unfortunately the companies that sell the seeded material seem to be american. Glad your cycle seems to be doing well now

Ammo - 0.5- 1 PPM
NitrItes - 0ppm
NitrAtes - 0ppm

Nice drop in ammo since the extra oxygen and water movement :)

still the same as above today :(

took 18 days to drop the ammo to almost 0ppm first time and is now on day 13 so possible it could be taking the same length of time again, i wud have thought this shud get faster :S

it does it does! Just cant wait til those nitrites show i swear i'll be jumping for joy when that lil test tube goes purple!!

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I've got Nitrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMm 0.50, Nitrites wud say just under 0.25ppm but definately not bright blue solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still waiting for nitrate test to finish

Ruth87 said:
YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I've got Nitrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMm 0.50, Nitrites wud say just under 0.25ppm but definately not bright blue solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still waiting for nitrate test to finish

Haha well done :) good work :D

0ppm nitrates so wud assume the nitrites only kicked in a short time ago, did my last test on friday and nothin then

Back
Top Bottom