Day 5 of cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amandry7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Water looks clear, will do a water change on wednesday and then check the ph, nitrites and nitrates. When should I start putting live stock in it? I'm thinking I should start with snails and crabs...any advice

Good read thank you...help get back in track with the, I have to be patient thing...

It could be 2-6 weeks before your cycle is done. Dont really need to change the water right away. Just test. Mine took 2 weeks with already established rock. U can add a shrimp or something to get the cycle going. But patients is the key even though it sucks! For sure wait on adding anything. Its cruel to put them through that. What are your tank param and size?

My cycle took 5 weeks with 75 pounds of live rock. Just need to be patient. Wait it out and keep doing tests. Don't do a water change. The water will be fine after the ammonia spike.

I have 55 gallon tank. I test the water 3 days ago, but sorry, don't know what it all means yet lol please help see picture. There 80 # of dead rock and 60# of live sand in the tank today is day 7

image-2605646197.jpg

I do see green growing on the dead rocks and the water looks very clear and even have a small small small snail in there ... Please comment on the pictures

image-3638474310.jpg

image-1925706472.jpg

image-3498691249.jpg

I have 55 gallon tank. I test the water 3 days ago, but sorry, don't know what it all means yet lol please help see picture. There 80 # of dead rock and 60# of live sand in the tank today is day 7

It looks like your ammonia has started going up. That's good. You should see ammonia and nitrates go up and then drop back to see. Keep testing every day or every other day. The ammonia should continue to rise a little and then when everything drops back to 0, you're good to start adding fish.

It looks like your ammonia has started going up. That's good. You should see ammonia and nitrates go up and then drop back to see. Keep testing every day or every other day. The ammonia should continue to rise a little and then when everything drops back to 0, you're good to start adding fish.

I feel much better now... So u would be ok with those results... Good here we go patience

What are you using for your ammonia source? It is low right now and your cycle will speed up if you add a frozen table shrimp. If your relying on bacterial die off it will take longer.

Yeah saw that video. Weird.
I would go to the grocer and buy a ring of shrimp and dip. Throw 1 shrimp in the tank as an ammonia source and eat the rest. Maybe freeze one more just in case.
And beer. Don't forget the beer.

Yeah saw that video. Weird.
I would go to the grocer and buy a ring of shrimp and dip. Throw 1 shrimp in the tank as an ammonia source and eat the rest. Maybe freeze one more just in case.
And beer. Don't forget the beer.

How long do I leave the shrimp in there, what will happened to it.

Till you see the spike and it comes back down. Ammonia will go back to 0 when it has become stable.

Back
Top Bottom