dead anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh ok cool i just taught that clowns needed one to survive

That`s one of those myths that`s not true. They dont have to have an anenome and their is no guarantee they will host the anenome. One thing for sure is that they need a mature tank to be placed in. Is this the anenome that your friend bought for your tank without the proper research?

IME with nems sometimes the clown will not host it........ I have a figi clown in my setup with a pink tit bubble nem..........quite happy, the nem has even split 4 times......... I have another BTA in the other end of the tank being harassed by my Gold Stripe Maroons....BTA was not happy so I had to move it............Maroons now host my furry mushrooms or a feather duster strange creatures.............................

ohhhhh ok, also is there any posibility that i can put 2 baby black clowns with my 2 baby regular clowns the ones that i have are about 1 inch long

Is there a possibility, yes. Probability, not quite. If you try be prepared to move any out that are being overly picked on.

ok jus have one more question i just ask that because i saw one pair of black clowns and they are cool andif i want to have them in a separate tank will a ten gallon work while i get the money to get a bigger one and on a tank that size do i need a skimmer if its only going to be fo maybe fowlr?????????

If they are the black ocellaris, Amphiprion ocellaris, then yes you can have a pair in a 10g. You can either have just a lr and a skimmer or live rock and an Aquaclear 110 filter (hob)

cool i might get a pair of those , how fast do regular clowns and the black one take to reproduce, because i heard that they were like the saltwater guppy due that they have babies too often, is it treu

The black pigmentation is just that, the species is the same so the care is the same. They normally spawn 2 or more times/month with hatchings in the 7 day turnaround.

Back
Top Bottom