Dead fish and nipped fins? Is it the trigger? help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtneyclv

Aquarium Advice Activist
Darn it..I told BF that no aggressive fish were allowed and he just HAD to have a Niger trigger.

Today my royal gramma was dead and trigger and damsels were eating it. Now, gramma looked fine last night. She did have some white spots (like sand) on her but they were gone the next day. She lived in a cave that had sand sprinkled all over it.

I think that trigger ate gramma. BF says the gramma just died and trigger was eating it when it was on the bottom.

Clownfish also has frayed fins..not sure why? (will they grow back?)

BF also says I don't feed them enough and they are hungry so try to eat each other. I feed them every other day, two gumdrops of brine shrimp.

In the tank now I have, baby trigger, baby majestic angelfish, firefish, 3 damsels.

What kind of damsels? From the list of fish there, they are the most aggressive most of the time.

Um...a domino, a blue with yellow tale and a javanese.

I hate to cause blame on the trigger if he didnt do it. I just dont ever see the nipping or fighting. Let me go stare for an hour and maybe I can find out 'who dun it"

Domino damsels are beautiful fish but are known for thier nasty tempers. Though, I don't know that I'd blame any of them. If you've never witnessed aggression, I'd lean more towards the fish dying from other causes and the others taking advantage of it.

The Blue Velvet and Domino damsels are very very aggressive little beasts. This worsens as they get older. Yellow tails arent all that horrible.

I wish I could catch the little devils. I tried last week..made a mess with live rock and couldnt get the little buggers. ahh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom