Dead Linkia :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my blue linkia has died today. I thought he was acting a little strange since I got him, draging arms behind him and never fully attaching himself to the glass/rock. One of his legs near the center started turning fuzzy white yesterday now it appears he is lifeless.

I got the starfish from fishsupply a week or so ago on a decently warm day. The package was picked up early in the a.m an all heat packs and the water was still very warm. I drip acclimated this linkia and my marron linkia for 8+ hours and I"m not 100% the marron linkia is going to make it either :cry:

Does anybody know how/where I can get one of these in PA or a surrounding area. My lfs never has any and a place in philly gets one in every once in a while but I don't 100% trust it would be okay from them.

One of the problems with these critters is acclimation, and even though you acclimated properly, there is no guarantee that any of the other places that got him did. Since acclimation problems seem to show up after a week or so...it is real hard to see when you get it.

I've been reading as much as I can about these guys, seems it's pretty much just comes down to eventually getting lucky with one. Reefrunner, do you recommend any mail order companies I might have better luck with?

I just feel so bad buying these knowing that they may die and not being able to do anything about it. I want a blue linkia so bad, I don't know what to do.

Im sorry to hear about your loss Jamal. I have a blue linkia in my tank for the last 6 months and he seems healthy and happy. I bought him from a LFS that had about 30 of these guys for 3 weeks before i got him. I went back each week before i got him. I would not suggest buying one of these delicate little guys from a mail order store. I would go and find one that you can see, and watch for a while in a tank so you know that he is healthy before you take him home.

Back
Top Bottom