Dear meat and black eyed peas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just curious, will this kill a betta? I bought a male veiltail betta for my cousin's four year old daughter and she decided to share her dinner with Marilyn Manson (the betta, long story). They removed it a few minutes after she put it in there and cleaned out the water.

So, what's the verdict? Is he going to make it? I really feel bad if I just got her a fish and it will die...

Just make sure they change the water daily for a few days.

It will probably make it. I can't tell you how many crazy things I've had bettas survive.

They are a voracious lot. They may want to hold off on feeding him for a few days until he gets whatever he ate out of his system.

I will tell them that. Yea, apparently he turned into a little piranha at that meat. I'm guessing venison is a favorite? haha.
Now that the situation has calmed down, they are happy that they have officially turned the fish into a hillbilly. haha

I used to always give mine masculine names like Frank, Bill and Walter. Then I started letting my daughter name them (Her name is Marilyn btw). Now she's grown up but I still give them silly names. Its fun that way and I don't think they mind too much.

Nahh... I mean, if they all get funny names, how can they make fun of each other? haha. Cute though. I tried giving mine all french names, but it's not going so well. Pretty sure Barnaby and Marlboro aren't french names...

I'm sure it will be fine. The one time I accidentally left my door unlocked to my room last year while at college things went bad. I came back to find out that a few drunks from the party at my house went to hide in my room when the cops crashed it. For some reason they found it a great idea to feed the fish some beer and a handful of chips. It was my 10 gallon, planted, with guppies and corries. After doing a 70% water change and and about 50% for the next couple of days it all cleared up.

Woah. That's ridiculous. This is why no one is allowed in our dorm room. My roommate may be a sorority girl, but she has a brain (I <3 her)

Another stupid crazy story of why no one should trust a roommate around their fish (except mine), a guy in the building over left his roommate to feed his fish while he was at home for x-mas break. His roommate had a party and was trying to play quarters with a 10g! Kid came back with his tank full of quarters and trash.

I used to always give mine masculine names like Frank, Bill and Walter. Then I started letting my daughter name them (Her name is Marilyn btw). Now she's grown up but I still give them silly names. Its fun that way and I don't think they mind too much.
Names are good, all our fish have names and we have four tanks.
In 1 of our 55 gallon tanks we have four young Tinfoil Barbs.
When they are full grown they will be 12-13" apiece. When we first got them, they all looked the same. So we called them the Tin Men, like the old west U.S. Marshall's.
Now we can easily tell them apart. So they've become, Wyatt, Virgil and Morgan Earp and Doc Holiday.
Those are some Redneck names. But my 10yr old Grandson thinks that those are really cool names.
Secretly I think so too.

Speaking of French names for bettas, I have a half moon name Fifi because he reminds me of an spoiled french poodle.

Names are good, all our fish have names and we have four tanks.
In 1 of our 55 gallon tanks we have four young Tinfoil Barbs.
When they are full grown they will be 12-13" apiece. When we first got them, they all looked the same. So we called them the Tin Men, like the old west U.S. Marshall's.
Now we can easily tell them apart. So they've become, Wyatt, Virgil and Morgan Earp and Doc Holiday.
Those are some Redneck names. But my 10yr old Grandson thinks that those are really cool names.
Secretly I think so too.

I LOVE TOMBSTONE!!! That's one of my favorite movies! I'm naming my puppy that I'm getting this summer Virgil Earp!

I LOVE TOMBSTONE!!! That's one of my favorite movies! I'm naming my puppy that I'm getting this summer Virgil Earp!
Totally of subject (fish) but, what kind of puppy are you getting.
I love all animals and I enjoy talking about them.
I think Virgil is a good, strong name. I hope your not getting a Dachshund or Chihuahua and naming it Virgil.
I had a neighbor when I was a kid that had a beautiful St. Bernard. They named her Fifi, it was awful.

Totally of subject (fish) but, what kind of puppy are you getting.
I love all animals and I enjoy talking about them.
I think Virgil is a good, strong name. I hope your not getting a Dachshund or Chihuahua and naming it Virgil.
I had a neighbor when I was a kid that had a beautiful St. Bernard. They named her Fifi, it was awful.

I'm getting a wire fox terrier. I think the almost mustache they get slightly resembles Virgil. haha. I know they are bouncy dogs, but maybe he will grow into it when he gets older?

Back
Top Bottom