Deciding on Tank Mates for Future Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHARPiE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All,

Wondering if you could lend some inspiration, ideas and advice.
I am pretty sure my cycle is finished (165L, Wet dry trickle with venturi protein skimmer, average lighting for now, 17KG of LR and aragnite coral sand).

I want the tank to have the following aspects:

• Be varied in colour
  • Be stimulating (hiding fish and active fish)
  • Have a good Cleanup Crew
  • Eventually be a reef (T5 lighting and RO/DI coming)
  • Easy to feed (not 5 different types of food, just 1-4 max)

I really like the look of the Blue Green Chromis/Jade Damsel, and I have been told that these are excellent starter fish and are best introduced to the tank first. Is this true?

In a few more weeks, I will add my Clown. Then a month or so later two firefish. the after this I want a Kaudern's Cardinal. And down the track one more fish; maybe another clown or a royal gramma, or a wrasse/cleaner goby.

- Is this too many fish?
- Will this be a good matchup?
- Right Order?
- Reef Safe?
- Is this easy to feed?

- If you could stock a 165L FOWLR, that would eventually turn reef, what would you put in?

- What cleanup crew would you put in, how many, and when do you introduce them? (snails/hermits)

Thanks

The chromis like to be in groups and so do most cardinals. I would say maybe 3 chromis, 3 kauderns cardinals, 2 firefishes, and 2 clowns. You may even be able to sneak in a goby.

Back
Top Bottom