Decor for Knife tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 75g with only my 12/15" clown knife & I am at my wits end trying to "decorate" it in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me and safe for him. Its in a basement so light is all artificially making live plants really not possible and rocks with those sharp edges pose a wound issue for him. I want somewhere he can hide as well as perhaps a pleco since I really would like some kind of clean up crew (he killed the last pleco I put in so hiding space is a definate must). Since I am definitely NOT independently wealthy cost is a huge cosideration as he is only 1 of 7 tanks
So lets have it, any & all ideas appreciated

My go-to is terra cotta planters and coconuts. The clay pots are great because you can scale them up to house large fish. I cut mine in half with a tile wet saw and get 2 caves out of each. The coconuts get drilled first with a hole saw then chopped in half. Again 2for1. I think they look natural and pleasing. As for the clay pots I suppose you could buy a more ornate one or a colored one and dress-up the tank that way. Usually I put a plant blocking the entrance of the cave so it looks like a pot was kicked over and the plant continued to grow right where it fell (I know I'm weird) but if you're in a basement maybe a fake one?20170702_131253.jpg

Pots were my first idea but as he is almost 6" deep and between 12-15" long that would be one BIG pot - like the terracotta pipe idea now just need a source as most tile bed pipes are 4/6" square which is still quite large

Back
Top Bottom